WILLIAM R. CUNNINGHAM
705 North Line Street, Lansdale, PA 19446
My objective is to use my knowledge of and experience in information technology to develop solutions and solve problems in any organization to improve efficiency, productivity, and to promote growth.
Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP), Horsham, PA
- Increased functionality and usability of ISMP’s website by upgrading the site and creating a content management system that staff could use to update content directly and view event registration information
- Developed database-driven web-based hospital self-assessments
- Established cost savings by implemented the FDA’s web application (POCA) in-house
- Created web applications for various projects such as the Vaccine Error Reporting Program (VERP), Medication Error Reporting Program (MERP), and Medication Safety Intensive (MSI)
- Planned and implemented a virtual environment using VMWare and a Storage Area Network (SAN), which realized savings for ISMP on hardware expenses for servers.
- Provided hardware and software technical support to ISMP staff
- Oversaw administration of Active Directory, servers (physical and virtual), Office 365, and the local area network.
- Repaired, maintained, and added functionality to ISMP’s custom built CRM web application and the consumer website
Macsteel Service Centers USA, Bensalem, PA
- Responsible for helping the company move UNIX environment to using internet technologies for daily business operations.
- Improved the company’s web presence by creating a new website to highlight products and services
- Contributed to the company’s CRM initiative by creating Outlook integration for sales personnel to access sales information within their emails.
- Provided second level support for helpdesk personnel.
- Assisted network administrator with managing the company’s Local Area Network (LAN) in a Windows domain environment.
- Increased the information that management could readily access by developing various client server applications.
naval Surface Warefare Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Provided hardware, software, and network support
- Developed and managed the Navy Shock Database (NSDB) client/server application version and then the web application version. The web application was used Navy-wide for ship shock testing purposes.
- Procured equipment, tools, components, and computers to fulfill department’s objectives in Navy Shock testing.
- Website development using VB.Net, WordPress, Drupal, and classic ASP
- Office 365 administration
- Virtualization with VMWare (vSphere)
- Internet security
- SAN implementation with iSCSI
- MS SQL Server and MySQL
- Windows Server 2003 – 2016 administration
- Computer systems and networking support
- Visual Studio and Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro
- Desktop application programming with VB.NET
- PHP and C# web development
- UX and UI for websites
- Oracle DBMS
- Search Engine Marketing/Optimization (SEO/SEM)
- Copy editing for websites
- Technology instruction (classroom, seminars, etc.)
- MS Azure
- Email administration
B.S. Electrical Engineering
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
Network Engineering and Administration Diploma
Computer Learning Center, Plymouth Meeting, PA
Interests and Activities
- Web technologies
- Piano and electronic keyboards
- Cosmology, astronomy and physics
- Teaching and mentoring
- Writing (I am an author)
- Martial arts and boxing
- Contentful content management platform
- Webflow web development system
- C# and .NET MVC
- Angular JS and Node JS
- JQuery, JSON,
- Project management
- Business development